~~ Classical Music Mayhem!! ~~

The classical music forum where the MUSIC comes first!
It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:33 pm

Contact Us | All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Classical Music Mayhem!! The multi-media Classical Music Forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You can browse the topics in most of the forums but by joining our free community you will have full access to post messages and create topics; download attachments; communicate privately with other members (PM), email and chat room; respond to polls; upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

You can log in as soon as you have submitted your registration, no waiting for email confirmation.

Post subject: You do not have the required permissions...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:52 am 
LANCE CORPORAL
LANCE CORPORAL

Allowing people to casually browse the forum seems like a brilliant idea.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: You do not have the required permissions...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:38 am 
JOVE THE MIGHTY THUNDERER

eves wrote:

Well we used to have that, but considering all the music samples we have here I thought it better to make it members only. Also when the forums were open members weren't logging in, so I had no idea who was visiting the site. But even non-members can view the General forum and the topic indexes at the moment.

Registration here could not be easier, you get instant access once you submit. So anyone put off by that simple task, well that's their loss... :shrug:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:37 pm 
GREAT POSEIDON OF THE DEEPS
GREAT POSEIDON OF THE DEEPS

eves wrote:

We aim to please! :D

I think this will make us a little more accessible and will give us the ability to link our excellent literature around various spots on the web. But remember: with great power comes great responsibility! Sample swiping is highly frowned upon by CMM management: be sure to leave some feedback!

My current thread...
http://classicalmusicmayhem.freeforums.org/rameau-hippolyte-et-aricie-t1892.html

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:58 pm 

Sorin Ascended wrote:
eves wrote:

We aim to please! :D

I think this will make us a little more accessible and will give us the ability to link our excellent literature around various spots on the web. But remember: with great power comes great responsibility! Sample swiping is highly frowned upon by CMM management: be sure to leave some feedback!

The lack of download feedback is another reason why I closed off the music forums to non-members. Even getting members who download to leave comments has been a bit of a task in itself. Also given that we provide samples from commercial recordings (albeit under strictly controlled conditions) I can't see for legal reasons how I can ever open up the site again as a free-for-all. CMM is not like the other general classical music forums, and for that reason it is membership-only, but anyone who can't find the 30 seconds of time it takes to register will be of no use to the forum in any case.

To be honest I have no concern for casual browsers, the only people I am interested in are those who post at the site.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:39 pm 
LANCE CORPORAL
LANCE CORPORAL

Rod Corkin wrote:
To be honest I have no concern for casual browsers, the only people I am interested in are those who post at the site.

Maybe they are one in the same, or would've been. Damned illegal aliens...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:05 pm 

eves wrote:
Rod Corkin wrote:

Maybe they are one in the same, or would've been. Damned illegal aliens...

I'm not really sure what you think we would gain by opening up the site. If you think we'd get a flood of posters by opening all the forums I'm afraid you're totally wrong, we already have over 500 registered members and most of those are too lazy to make a single post. It's just a sign of the times. If you want to boost the post rate here feel free to join in some of the topics yourself! :arrow:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:06 am 
LANCE CORPORAL
LANCE CORPORAL

Rod Corkin wrote:
we already have over 500 registered members and most of those are too lazy to make a single post
Maybe they don't want to login just to read the forums (I don't). Its typical for posting or downloading to require login, not browsing. My browser is set to clear history, etc. upon closing, which I prefer, and don't understand why it matters who is accessing what on a forum (it shouldn't). I'm probably not going to login again just to follow this thread; it isn't that important, just an observation.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:43 am 

eves wrote:
Rod Corkin wrote:
we already have over 500 registered members and most of those are too lazy to make a single post
Maybe they don't want to login just to read the forums (I don't). Its typical for posting or downloading to require login, not browsing. My browser is set to clear history, etc. upon closing, which I prefer, and don't understand why it matters who is accessing what on a forum (it shouldn't). I'm probably not going to login again just to follow this thread; it isn't that important, just an observation.

Well, if you ever get around to read this, I have already explained above why we can't make this an open forum. But as you have alluded to members don't even have to type their log-in details if they set their browser to remember them. However if you choose to clear cookies etc after every session I imagine the internet generally will be a difficult place for you. But that is your problem. :shrug:

Contact Us | All times are UTC