~~ Classical Music Mayhem!! ~~

The classical music forum where the MUSIC comes first!
It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:37 pm

Contact Us | All times are UTC

Welcome
Welcome to Classical Music Mayhem!! The multi-media Classical Music Forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest. You can browse the topics in most of the forums but by joining our free community you will have full access to post messages and create topics; download attachments; communicate privately with other members (PM), email and chat room; respond to polls; upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

You can log in as soon as you have submitted your registration, no waiting for email confirmation.

Post subject: More Virtuoso Players performing Trumpet Compositions!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:47 am 
COLONEL
COLONEL

More Virtuoso Players performing Trumpet Compositions!

I had decided to “pin” these Trumpet players to Hummel’s Concerto in E/ Eb major, but then discovered that for some their showing was better elsewhere! The title was a problem and by the time I have completed this I may have changed it several times! This self-imposed search has been fun, but I confess to over-enthusiasm so I have found myself with too much material---and not knowing how to begin!

A short aside about the Johann Nepomunk Hummel Trumpet Concerto. It was originally written for Hummel’s friend, the Viennese virtuoso trumpet player and inventor, Anton Weidinger who’d invented the keyed trumpet. It was written in December 1803 and performed on New Years Day 1804 to mark Hummel’s entrance to the Esterhazy Court as Haydn’s successor. It was written in E major but is usually performed in Eb major which makes the fingering less difficult for modern Eb and Bb trumpets.

Well I will begin with Gabor Boldoczki whom I mentioned on a previous posting in the Haydn Concerto topic. He hadn’t co-operated by playing it---at least I couldn’t find a video on YouTube! So this was my basis for making another topic to fit him---and other finds, in.

Gabor Boldoczki is a Hungarian, born in 1976 who won 1st prize in the Maurice André Competition and in 2004 played the 1st trumpet solo in Salzburg Festival. Since 2010 he has been Professor of Trumpet at the Franz Listz Music Academy in Budapest

He began learning the piano at 8 and the trumpet at 9 years old where his father was his first teacher. He didn’t decide to make it his career until he was 20.

Although outwardly seeming relaxed in both performance and person, he is obviously a deep thinker and expresses his philosophy thus---“An artist should express the content of the music as well as he can using his own personal ability”. Also, he believes that preparation is extremely important. He concludes with, “ I love my instrument and trumpet is my life, therefore trumpet is my Passion”

He is happy with his life and enjoys visiting other countries and experiencing other cultures and meeting different people. He is also very involved with an organisation “Rhapsody in Schools” and visits schools and talks about music and tells amusing musician stories---and sometimes they play music together.

Gabor plays the 3rd movement- Rondo, of the Hummel Trumpet Concerto in E major. His tonguing is light and articulation is excellent and he has agility and colour. However I like his playing of other works, even better. For example the Tartini Concerto in D dur 3rd mov. Allegro grazioso. Then his legato playing is shown to advantage in videos like “Ode for the Birthday of Queen Anne” when he accompanies the coloratura soprano Ingrid Kertesi, so sympathetically. The tone of the voice and the instrument meld together very beautifully.

Gabor Boldoczki has to be one of my favourite players,and comes across as a very likeable person.

Next I should like to introduce 26 year old Spanish trumpet player, Manuel Blanco Gomez-Limon, who won the 1st prize in the Preistraeger Konzert 2011 with his playing of Trumpet Konzert E Dur –J N Hummel. The Symphonieorchester der Bayerische Rundfunk accompanied him.

I was impressed by his playing of this concerto. His interpretation was sensitive with good phrasing, colour and beautiful sound. The orchestral support was excellent, infact the whole performance was very pleasurable. Manuel did well at what must have been a stressful time for him, but I noticed the perspiration on his face, probably a combination of stress and the warmth of the lighting! I have downloaded this to my computer.

He is a soloist and principal trumpet of the Orquesta Nationale de Spain. In 2007 he formed " Mediterranean Chamber Brass", a quintet of whom three are from the National Orchestra and two teach at Music Conservatoire. They tour internationally and also have been successful in winning prizes

As this is already a long epistle I will break off at this point, and resume with my other choices a little later. I hope that you enjoy Gabor's and Manuel's performances.

Regards,

Polly.

Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: More Virtuoso Players performing Trumpet Compositions!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:00 am 
COLONEL
COLONEL

Virtuoso trumpeters---continued.

Today whilst I was revising my way through my list and checking the examples that I had cached in Favourites, I happened to stumble over another Hungarian! No, he hadn’t figured in my list but I read his biography and a long interview and decided to start off today with--- Gabor Tarkövi, a soloist and principal trumpet player with the Berlin Philharmoniker. Seeing a photograph I recognised him instantly from some of the BPO videos. I chose him playing a Tartini Concerto--- but the entire piece . He has brilliant resonant trumpet tone, nice legato, good phrasing and articulation and his tonality when he descended to a lower pitch was great.

His interview was very interesting and he answered the questions with no hesitation, being honest when he described his own difficulties with a too slow tonguing---which he’d had to work on! I took an immediate liking to him and hope that you enjoy the Tartini as much as I did. Incidentally I learnt such a lot about the trumpet repertoire, pros and cons of being an orchestral player---and so on. He loves what he does, but like all these virtuosi it comes as the result of hard work!!!

This leads me easily to Matthias Hôfs whose work I have known for some while as a member, (and arranger), of the German Brass Ensemble. He has an awesome mastery of the most intricate tonguing techniques, which he demonstrates in the pieces that The German Brass Ensemble perform. I knew that he toured as a soloist too, but until now hadn’t connected him with Haydn, until I found videos of him playing the Andante and Allegro movements. However I‘m not going to put up those samples but instead this delightful video of a Bach piece, BWV 51 where he is accompanying a soprano voice. In it you get a glimpse of his virtuosity, beautiful intonation and musicality, as he accompanies so sympathetically. I enjoy Matthias Hôfs’ performances, so will leave you to listen---and judge!

David Guerrier, born in 1984, is my next artist. He won the ARD Award in 2003, one of only three trumpet players to do so----the other two were Maurice André in 1963 and Manuel Blanco Gomez-Limon in 2011. Like many of these talented players his introduction to the trumpet was when he was 7 years old, and he began studying the baroque trumpet when he was 14 years old. David has an amazing flair and is probably unique in mastering both trumpet and the French Horn to such a level of competence.

In 2007 he became the first Horn/ Soloist in the Orchestre National de France. He has won awards and travels for recitals with orchestras, piano or organ as accompaniment. Here is a video of him performing as a soloist with the natural horn

In the Hummel Concerto 2nd movement he is playing the E major version with a Bb trumpet. He is noted for not shying away from difficulties. His playing demonstrates a clear sonorous tone singing the melody and he is appreciative of the rhythm. A very likeable performance.

For the better part of the last decade he has championed early Brass Instruments. He plays the keyed trumpet extremely well and I have chosen a video of him playiniig Haydn’s 3rd movement, to show his mastery of this difficult instrument in thie fast, intricate passages . His achievements are impressive----and he is still young!

Guiliano Somerhalder was born in 1985 into a musical family and was winning awards before completing his schooling. He has had a successful career, and has won numerous prestigious awards, including 2nd prize in the ARD competition in 2003 and was a joint winner in the Maurice André competition, too. 2006 saw him appointed as the principal trumpet in the Leipzig Gewandhaus Orchester. In 2008 he was accepted into the BBC New Generation Artists Scheme.Then in 2011 Somerhalder became principal trumpet of the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra, under Maris Jansons

His interests are wide in range, both as to composers and the instrument. He performs on both modern and Baroque trumpet and has developed a very personal style and sound and his demeanor is confident. His playing is agile, phrased well and beautifully controlled. He exhibits tonal shading and has impeccable technique. A young performer to be watched!

I must, again, break off , as this is long enough for one session and I still have a few more players I want to introduce. Hopefully they will fit in to one final bout!!!

Enjoy!

Regards,

Polly.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:27 pm 
MAJOR
MAJOR

Dear Polly,
Keep the trumpet videos coming. Guerrier's natural horn playing was phenomenal. My recently deceased professional French horn playing friend would have really enjoyed that performance. The other trumpet soloists you chose were uniformly excellent, an embarrassment of riches.

Now if you would start a thread concerning horn playing as good as this!

De gustibus non est disputandum

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:05 am 
COLONEL
COLONEL

Hi Digiti.

Many thanks for your encouraging words. It is nice to know that someone is enjoying this topic as much as I am, and comes forward to say so! Good man!

They are an impressive bunch aren't they? It is difficult to know where to cut off, as, as fast as I record a new one several other deserving players step forward---of equal merit! As you say, there is an embarrassment of riches, --- and so many young ones are coming forward, too.

One I read about last evening came 2nd in a rigorous competition about 10 years ago and he was only 14! Another
Nakariakov in the making, eh" The jurors were more than impressed! It bodes well for the future of brass and the high standards that seem to be reached earlier and earlier and constantly improving!

Can't promise, but as the horn is a favourite instrument, after the organ, I will cast my eye around and see what is out there. I still have a few things bubbling away in the back of my mind though, which need finishing or introducing---so it could be awhile. Anyway, something for me to look forward to, eh?

I am " having a ball" and learning such a lot as I go. I don't access directly through YouTube website, but Google for my topics and dive into whatever it brings up, such as biographies, crits ---and whatever! It makes for a more rounded approach I feel, and of course I explore the videos that come up with it.

One thing leads to another and other related videos or the YouTube mix that appears at the conclusion of a video are rich pickings. Also I often follow contributors to their channels. So I end up constantly sidetracked but with very interesting experiences.

My muddling along would not suit a logical person but it suits me fine---and I'm too old to mend my ways!!! :)

Thankyou Digiti.

Kindest regards,

Polly.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:36 pm 
JOVE THE MIGHTY THUNDERER

Crispian Steele-Perkins (baroque trumpet)...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:55 pm 
MAJOR
MAJOR

Dear Rod,
I have to admit I completely forgot about Steele-Perkins one of the UK's preeminent Baroque trumpet virtuosos. The first selection as you well know is derived from the Water Music and the second is an excerpt from the Cleobury Kings College Messiah both excellent choices.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:54 pm 

Digiti wrote:
Dear Rod,
I have to admit I completely forgot about Steele-Perkins one of the UK's preeminent Baroque trumpet virtuosos. The first selection as you well know is derived from the Water Music and the second is an excerpt from the Cleobury Kings College Messiah both excellent choices.

Not bad, but I'm not sure I go for his rather understated delivery. The trumpet shall sound confident!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:40 am 
COLONEL
COLONEL

Continuing trumpet virtuosos.

Crispian Steele-Perkins has just been mentioned by TMT and Digiti. He had featured on my list of those still to come, so I shall just deal with him in passing.

He was internationally known for the quality of his performance and the wide range of his musical experience. I first became aware of him some years ago when he often was seen with The King’s Consort led by Robert King, and the English Baroque Soloists directed by John Eliot Gardiner.

Born in 1944, he has pursued a successful career playing with Ensembles and Orchestras both as a member and as a soloist. He has played a key role in encouraging the growth of historically aware trumpet performance and plays all types of trumpets; he is particularly well known for his performance on the Baroque trumpet.

I am including a short example where he demonstrates the Echo Cornet, and I am also including a refreshing excerpt from “Queen of the Night”, instead of one of the more usual videos.

Crispian Steele –Perkins has played a significant role in shaping the way we perceive the trumpet, in England. I read that students of the trumpet at tertiary level are now required to learn the Baroque trumpet, too.

Next I am going to briefly touch on Maurice André who we all know was a supreme artist on the trumpet. I won’t waste time eulogising on his performances , but will include a couple of video clips. Hedwig Bilgram, the organist accompanying the 2nd clip was a student of Karl Richter, and plays very sympathetically, with warm organ tone.

It was whilst I was listening to his videos and reading up about him that I became aware of his surviving son, Nicholas André, who often performs with his father. His playing is good---well it must have been of high standard for his father to consider playing alongside him! A quieter character than his father, he seems relaxed and friendly in some of the family video shots. I noticed, in a video of him in younger days, that he moves his mouth backwards in very similar fashion to Sergio Nakariakov---probably a breathing technique.( His father doesn’t do this!) Anyway I have some more clips of them playing, one of them together,to share with you; it is a Bach which I have always liked for its quirky tunefulness. (Watch Nicholas's mouth!) The other is a brief excerpt of a rehearsal for a concert Nicholas is to give, I think.

I spent a lot of time over André’s videos, sharing the funeral and the memorial concert rehearsal, (the actual performance was poor audio-wise), of not only a great performer, but a well-loved man.

Another well loved performer , born in Russia in 1921, was Timofei Dokshizer. His career began when he won the All Union (Soviet) Brass Instrument Competition when he was 19 just as war was in the offing. This was followed some years later by winning an International Competition in Prague in 1947. He was a concert performer, as well as a musician in many major Soviet orchestras, and featured in film soundtracks. With the Political climate easing he was able to travel more extensively overseas, where his concerts were sold out!

He was noted for beautiful tone, mellow flexible phrasing and “filigree technique”. I confess to liking his sound very much and enjoyed listening to his recordings. I am attaching a video of classic performances, one of the most beautiful sonorous trumpet melodies and finally one of his Jewish folktunes which he was very interested in finding and performing. We know it through a light musical as "Fiddler on the Roof"; a very attractive song!

Lastly, I came across a nice piece of playing by Sergio Nakariakov, whom I dealt with earlier, accompanied by a happy, light-hearted bit of filming. A cheerful ending to this session!

I will break off here and continue with others of my list, later.

Regards,

Polly.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:44 pm 
COLONEL
COLONEL

More Brass Virtuosos!

The next trumpet virtuoso I wish to mention is Gabriele Cassone , born in 1960, who is described thus:-----
“He is world renowned as a historical artist performing on original instruments, (Baroque natural trumpet, keyed instrument, rotary valve trumpet and piston cornet) but enjoys equal fame as a contemporary musician”.

Cassone is an all-rounder as besides being a concert performer he has been sought after to perform with famous ensembles and orchestras, is a Professor at the Conservatory of Novara-Italy, holds regular international master-classes and is the author of an informative illustrated book, “La Tromba”; (an English version has been published too). Besides this he co-founded the Ensemble “Pian e Forte” and also began a Brass Quartet in which he plays.

I am attaching a link to a page which includes a video of him demonstrating the keyed trumpet and describing the mechanics of the trumpet!!! The text on this page is also excellent reading.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/mus ... 22n2o.html

Gabriele Cassone has a fluent style, with good tone, phrasing and sensitive interpretation with whatever instrument he is playing. I am attaching a representative sample of his work, below.

Robert Frear is the Director of Brass Studies and an Associate Professor at California State University, Long Beach. He is also a freelance performer and welcomed by orchestras and ensembles for guest appearances and/or as principal trumpet. Robert was a solo trumpeter with the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra directed by Zubin Mehta. He also performed for the sound tracks of over 60 films, including “Avatar”.

Robert Frear’s performance of the Hümmel Concert has rich sound, long phrases, and is expressive, with good light and shade, and excellent control in the fast passages. It is a poised and sophisticated performance with him seemingly nicely relaxed--- ie. there was no fidgeting whilst awaiting his part to begin! He was backed most ably and pleasantly by the Cole Conservatory Orchestra directed by Johannes Müller-Stosch, at CSULB.

I failed in my search to find a video recording of his, apart from the Hümmel Trumpet Concerto in Eb major, although I should have preferred some other choice.

I have been listening with pleasure to performances by Vedran Kocelj born and brought up in Dubrovnik, who has studied with Gabor Badoczki, and who came to the fore after winning the Young Musicians’ Competition in Slovenia in 1999. He is a full member of the Croatian Radio & Television Symphony Orchestra and regularly records with them . His recording of the "Concertina for trumpet, strings and timpani", by Boris Papandopulo won critical acclaim. Kocelj is a a member of the Croatian Brass Quintet and also performs solos with Chamber Music Ensembles.

The" Papandopulo Concertina" is bright and quick, and involves intricate fingering and tonguing.

His legato playing is smooth and often hauntingly beautiful. In fast passages he demonstrates his virtuosity.His tone is good and he phrases well.

I am returning to an artist who was mentioned by Digiti in the Haydn Trumpet Concerto topic where he was playing the keyed trumpet and the construction of his instrument was very clearly seen. This was Markus Würsch, born in 1955.

He is a Professor of Trumpet at the University of the Arts & Applied Science in Bora and Lucerne. For 14 years he was solo trumpet with the Tonhalle Orchestra, Zurich, has been a soloist at the Lucerne Festival, and also performs with many Chamber Orchestras at home and abroad. His accompanist, Peter Solomon was a runner up in the International Competition of St Alban’s in 1979 and has lived in Switzerland since 1980. He is the pianist/organist with the Tonhalle Orchestra since 1997 and performs solos concerts with many prestigious orchestras, and is sought after as a soloist and a chamber musician.

These artists are extremely talented and they have achieved such a real rapport when working together that I find it a joy to listen to them. Markus is very skilled with the Baroque natural trumpet, and other early forms of the instrument, and frequently uses these for his concerts. His sound is sonorous and clear, and he always chooses a tempo which allows him to fully interpret the music. For example he takes the "Tartini Concerto" at a slower tempo, which I think allows the beauty of the piece to be appreciated. His breath control is good, as is his phrasing---he plays with surety and quiet confidence ----and is very ably backed by the organ accompaniment. Wonderfully satisfying listening

Finally, I wish to introducing a young Austrian trumpeter, Gerhard Fluch, born in 1979.he studied concert trumpet at the University of Performing Arts , Vienna, completing his studies in 2007, with distinction. While he was studying he gained experience with many notable orchestrasod Vienna.

His professional career began at the Radio Symphony Orchestra, Vienna, from 2004/5 and he has been a member of the Bruchner Orchestra, Linz, as solo trumpet, since 2007. He became Kapellemeister of "TMK St. Georgen/Klaus" in 2002, an orchestra , which he now conducts. As far as I can ascertain this has parish affiliations with the Church of "Sankt Georgen in the Klaus", and amongst other things encourages young people who have an interest in music. Several members of his family are also members, his elder brother, Martin, playing the clarinet and I think it is his father, Konrad, playing the euphhonium. In English translations their surname, amusingly becomes "Curse"!!!

Gerhard obviously enjoyed his conducting experience and the warm atmosphere between audience and the orchestra was most noticeable in the several concerts I listened to.

He is an active soloist and lecturer at home and abroad and is active in Chamber Brass music.

I have not run out of deserving candidates and have many listed---and many more to discover, but I feel that it is time to cease further contributions---at least for the moment. I won’t be dogmatic about this as something may trigger me into further action in the future or perhaps better qualified CMM members will want to continue the thread..

I went into this knowing very little about the aspects of their "trade" as I was an enthusiastic listener/admirer only. It has been a real pleasure learning about these talented trumpeters and their instruments.

Regards,

Polly.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:56 am 
COLONEL
COLONEL

In a Quandary!!!

I was just seeking some enlightenment with the topic I am working on, wondering how to effect an introduction, when I came across a “hybrid” performer! That sounds a bit alarming doesn’t it?

The performer was German Alensi, a trumpeter, and he has been recently performing concerts on the Tromba (Corno) da Caccia. I loved the video of his performance of Johann B. G. Naruda’s Trumpet Concerto, on this instrument.

Well, it looked so horn-like, except for the right hand being used on the keys---very similar I suppose to the Flugelhorn. Should I include it in the French Horn topic that I am working on? No, I think that TMT would take issue on that!

Then I chanced on the Norwegian trumpeter Ole Edvard Antonen playing the same composition on a trumpet of some type---perhaps a cornet. He is very expert and it was beautifully played, with the tone being remarkably different to the Corno da Caccia’s fuller richness.

Both videos, played by virtuoso performers, made for excellent listening.

The German Asensi performance was with the Orquesta de la Radio y Television de Espana (OTTVE), directed by Antoni Ros-Marbà. German Alensi is currently a soloist member of that orchestra and combines this with concert horn da caccia, courses and master-classes. He also is involved in teaching with the Youth National Orchestra of Spain and in the Youth Symphonic Band of the Community of Madrid.

The Naruda Trumpet Concerto was originally composed for the Corno da caccia or Natural Horn---only using the high register, but is now rarely played on anything other than the Eb or Bb trumpet. German’s rendition , of course has a rounder, richer, less sharp tone than that of the trumpet versions.

Ole Edvard Antonsen is a virtuoso trumpeter particularly well known, and loved, in Norway, although he is known internationally, too. He is classically trained but due to his home upbringing is comfortable in other genres. I am attaching an interview of his, which explains much more about him , his attitudes and career. I found it to be very interesting.

http://abel.hive.no/trompet/ntf/oea-interview.html

I began to check up on Ole’s other performances and was impressed by his talent , tone and beautiful legato playing, as well as the tricky bits. All were performed with apparent ease and his happy nature permeated his music. I ended up attaching several short videos.

Gorgeous, sonorous tone- almost unearthly!

Again, lovely legato playing of the melody.

Virtuosity demonstrated!

I must close now ---and get back on track, to where I was before I allowed myself to wander off-course!

However I have enjoyed every minute!

Regards,

Polly.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:29 pm 

pollyp78 wrote:
In a Quandary!!!

I was just seeking some enlightenment with the topic I am working on, wondering how to effect an introduction, when I came across a “hybrid” performer! That sounds a bit alarming doesn’t it?

The performer was German Alensi, a trumpeter, and he has been recently performing concerts on the Tromba (Corno) da Caccia. I loved the video of his performance of Johann B. G. Naruda’s Trumpet Concerto, on this instrument.

Well, it looked so horn-like, except for the right hand being used on the keys---very similar I suppose to the Flugelhorn. Should I include it in the French Horn topic that I am working on? No, I think that TMT would take issue on that!

I never knew such an instrument existed. A 'piccolo horn' someone describes it at YT, aptly I think. That's a very nice concerto, though I also see at YT the work was originally written for valveless hunting horn. A French horn topic would interest me more than the trumpet, but thanks for another mega posting!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:30 pm 
COLONEL
COLONEL

Dear TMT,
I am glad that you found the Corno da Caccia version of Neruda's composition pleasant.I know your likes within this area of the brass family, and I have been slowly but steadily pursuing that topic, but it is a very rich field---so please be patient a little longer. Up until now I have been bogged down wondering how to start---but I think that I have got that sorted out!!! :)
I haven't given up on Neruda yet, but so far the pickings have been poor in my browsings. This Czech composer seems to have made his mark as a musician, (performer) within his own country; and he was a notable journeyman composer. He composed some sacred music, 18 symphonies, 14 concertos and some trios. Johann was a violinist and joined the court orchestra in Dresden, rising to the position of concertmaster.
I will have another browse and see if I can unearth some more music of his, as the trumpet concerto was such a likeable piece.
Regards,
Polly.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:17 am 
MAJOR
MAJOR

Dear Polly and Rod, A brass instrument similar to the instrument played in the Naruda Concerto is used in the third movement of Mahler's Third Symphony. Here is a short article about its use in the BSO performance of this symphony:
http://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/music/2 ... story.html

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:38 am 
COLONEL
COLONEL

Dear Digiti,
Thankyou for your reply and link to your informative and interesting article.
I think that Rod was right in dubbing it as perhaps a "piccolo" (sized) horn as I noticed the disparity in size---and bell with that in your article.
I should like to hear the "Boston" horn---do you know if that particular Mahler performance is on Youtube? I've landed it squarely in your lap as you seem to have a good knowledge where the music that you like is to be found! I'm afraid that I would be floundering around with this----and I am a bit taken up by other matters as well as wanting to launch into the ( French) Horn Topic.
I have just "wasted" a considerable time chasing up Neruda and have found only a really lovely Bassoon Concerto in C major and another video of a Concerto and Trios. The rest of the stuff seems to be on CDs and so a closed book to me as I search.
I have found one very young trumpeter---a Pole--- playing the Neruda concerto in C very nicely, so I may decide to post him---- I'll see how I go!!!
Regards,
Polly.
PS I must apologise for the misspelling of the composer's name, earlier. My eyesight is non-to-good at the moment, but that is no excuse for carelessness! Black mark Polly! :(

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:54 am 
MAJOR
MAJOR

Dear Polly, Here is the posthorn solo from the Mahler Third Scherzo:

This solo can also be played on the flugelhorn or cornet. Note that the player in the Neruda does not place his hand in the bell to change pitch or harmonics like a french horn.

Contact Us | All times are UTC